Thanks for your interest in contributing back to BlytheLife.com! New articles are always welcome.
Here are some simple guidelines for writing articles for BlytheLife.com:
- On the How to Contribute page, you’ll be making your ‘pitch’ for your article idea. If it’s great and I really want to use it on the site, I’ll email you back usually within 3 days. (If I don’t want to use the idea, I’ll email you back to thank you for your suggestion as well.)
- Concentration the 5 W’s: Who, What, When, Where, Why. If it’s a DIY/customization article, you’ll want to include the How. I want to know why this topic is important and how you want to relate it to the site’s audience.
- If you get the green light, move on to the next section!
- For a quality article, it should be a minimum of 300 words and in paragraphs as needed. If you want to include photographs, that would be awesome – I always include full credit to photographers (please ask permission if you are wanting to use photos that do not belong to you).
- You should have a title, an introduction, the body of the article and a conclusion.
- For the by-line (located at the bottom of the article), it should include a small snippet of information about yourself (100 words or less). You can include a link or two to your own blog/website/Etsy or Artfire shop.
- Remember to check it over for completeness, grammar, spelling errors/typos and clarity.
- When you’re ready, move onto the next section.
- When you email the complete article (plus any photos you’d like to have incorporated) to firstname.lastname@example.org, I’ll email you back with the date that you should expect the article to go ‘live’.
- The article will be scheduled for 12pm Pacific time.
- When the article goes live, it will be automatically tweeted via the @blythelifecom Twitter account.