Filed under: Article with tags: blythe on a budget
I love Blythe and I love taking photos. Couple this with my love for lists and blogging and what do you get? A list of incredibly random photo ideas that you can use for just about anything. If you’re doing a 365 project, perhaps? Or maybe you just want to take more photos but aren’t sure of what, exactly, to do with your dolls. My slightly kooky and random mind is always available to lend a hand with ten interesting ideas for photos that won’t cost you very much at all besides some time and a little imagination!
- Put your Blythe amongst a lot of other toys. This works well if you still have a lot of your childhood toys, have a child who has a lot of toys or you’re an adult who’s a child at heart with a lot of other toys. Turn it into an I Spy kind of game with a list of things for people to find.
- Put your Blythe into a (clean!) flower pot and make tissue paper petals to put around her head. If you plant a Blythe, will you end up with more Blythes?
- Have a lot of books? Do a photo with dolly bookends! (I would do this. But I have a lot books. Like a lot of books. There’s no room for dolls on my shelves anymore. Or for more books, for that matter.)
- If you’re going to do some baking… I know some certain dolls that would probably like to help (or eat). Blythes and cupcakes go exceptionally well together. (Note: Please do not put your dolls into the oven. EVER. This is meant to be an idea of you taking photos of your newly-baked-but-taken-out-of-the-oven-and-cooled-down-cupcakes with dolls kind of photos. Please do not bake your dolls. Or cook them. Or broil them. Or fry them. Thank you.)
- Blythes and mirrors! Experiment with angles so you can get your Blythe’s reflection without your own. Very fun and very cool.
- Do a photo of your Blythe with all the doll clothes that you have. Let your doll go swimming in high fashion!
- Even better than #6: Blythe with a lot of shoes. Be sure to hide all your dolly’s bits!
- Ever gaze out your window? How about doing a photo of your Blythe gazing out the window? With so much emotion and attitude that can come out of our favourite doll’s eyes, it’s sure to be a good one!
- How do you normally carry your Blythe around? In your hand? In your purse? In a cup holder? Take a photo and share with the rest of us how your Blythe goes around in style!
- Take a photo of you and your Blythe. Do you look alike? Do you have matching styles or clothes? Do a twins photo! If you’re shy, you can always hold your Blythe in front of your face while taking the photo.