Filed under: Article with tags: blythe on a budget, diy
I like dollar stores. I like them so much that I even did a mini series a while back with a lot to do about dollar store finds. I still go to dollar stores regularly because you never know what they might get in from time to time. I like getting things for my dolls from the dollar store because they do carry a lot of small items, which is awesome.
Things to look out for:
- Toy Section: There are sometimes Barbie or Skipper-sized dolls and sometimes those dolls come with shoes and clothing. Always worth looking at to see what they have around. Some really cute shoes can be sometimes found on dollar store dolls.
- Hair Accessories: This is the aisle where I get my foam curlers, hair ties, tiny hair elastics and hair clips. All used on Blythe.
- Party Aisle: Small party favours for small children can turn into little games or accessories for Blythe.
- Baking Aisle: Mini cupcake liners are great because mini cupcakes are an awesome size for little cakes to put on your doll’s table.
- Crafting Aisle: Tubes of paints for eye chips, ribbon for trims, buttons, fabric and thread for all your sewing purposes. They even have elastic, which is awesome. You can make all the things with goodies bought from the dollar store.
Dollar stores are great! My favourite finds that I’ve found have been pompom trims, ric-rac and hair ties! What have you found at your local dollar store that has been awesome?