Filed under: Article with tags: blythe on a budget
Most people online will resell their old or unwanted doll clothes and shoes, which can lead to some great deals for you! But you do have to know what to look for, and have something in mind already besides seeking out the cheapest clothes that you can find – it’s far more work involved to buy something and then turn around and resell it again due to buyer’s remorse.
I’m a member at both Plastic Paradise and This is Blythe forums, both of them include a sundries section where people sell unwanted doll clothes, shoes, furniture and other accessories. Right now is a pretty good time to buy – a lot of people are selling at lower than normal prices, and this includes dolls as well (for the most part).
Always be sure to read the ‘fine print’ associated with each listing. People will generally mention if the clothes are from a pet-friendly or smoke-friendly home. This is something to keep in mind if you happen to have any allergies or sensitivities to some scents.
I’m a fan of buy ‘lots’ of clothing – people tend to put their clothing into lots when they’re wanting to sell things off quickly (or to allow them less work in comparison to selling items one at a time). Occasionally you’ll have people selling grab bags where you can’t see everything, but you can see some of the items and you should always ask to make sure that all the pieces will fit Blythe (or whichever doll you happen to be buying for) and ask about any stains or what needs to be repaired.
So some things that you should keep in mind, and to ask the seller, include (but is not limited to):
- If the seller will combine shipping (or give you a discount on shipping) if you buy more items
- If the seller has pets or smokes (if not already mentioned)
- If there is any stains or damage (if items are in a grab bag and you can’t otherwise see)
- If the seller has any feedback (either from other members on the forums, or via eBay or Etsy or Artfire)
- How the seller will be shipping the item (plain envelope? bubble mailer? box?) and what kind of shipping method (regular post? signature confirmation? tracking number?)
You can find some excellent sundries deals on from time to time, and most forums will allow you to post ‘Want To Buy’ threads too, so if you do that, be ready for a lot of people asking if you’d be willing to buy what they have available.