Filed under: Article
Having a group of local people that also love Blythe is great! You can get together and chat about dolls with people who also care about Blythe. Here are some pros and cons to consider when putting together a local Blythe group.
Pros to a local Blythe group:
- A group of like-minded people who also love Blythe
- You get to see dolls that you may have thought about buying before and then decide that you don’t want to buy her (yay! money saved!)
- Getting to chat (and chat and chat) about dolls. Your family and other friends get a break for a few hours!
- Taking photos of Blythe in public is easier when you’re in a group (safety in numbers!)
- There’s always someone with a plastic doll comb or an extra stand available when you forget yours
- It’s easier to buy/sell/trade in person, or just spread the love of dolly clothing around
- Getting to discuss crafting for dolls (like sewing, knitting, etc.) with other people to discuss ideas or techniques
- Putting together fun meet-ups like picnics or just walking through a tourist location in your own city
- Having more fun with the Blythe hobby! and just so much more.
Cons to a local Blythe group:
- People are enablers – people in meets bring new dolls (yay!) but you can easily get persuaded into buying a new doll
- Or you just fall in love with a doll you’ve seen before due to more exposure to the doll (eep)
- Yeah, there’s no real cons…
Do you have a local Blythe group that you’re a part of?