Filed under: Article with tags: freebie friday five
Every month’s last Friday (or just once a month, sometime on a Friday) is part of a feature on BlytheLife.com, Freebie Friday Five. Welcome everyone to this month’s instalment! I mention 5 things I love every month that’s free to do/read/see.
If you have any suggestions for next month’s Freebie Friday Five, please don’t hesitate to email me! Maybe you have a site you think that I should feature or a pattern that’s free and up on the web? Tell me!
For the month of December, I wanted to find things that would hopefully serve for inspiration for whatever goals you have for 2012 so I’ve included sites for photography tips, crafting and more.
- For the 365-enthusiasts, I found photocorrect.com which has free tips and tricks for taking photos. My favourite article was on bokeh in photos.
- If you’re new (or not!) to knitting, knittinghelp.com is a fantastic resource with videos and a forum! Many of the videos are free and there’s a lot more cast-on methods that I ever really need to know – and it’s always a good idea to use the method recommended in the pattern to get the desired look!
- For a lot of lovely free patterns (if your goals this year are to craft a wardrobe for your dolls), you can join Ravelry! It’s free to join and there’s a pattern search engine. You can key in the type of yarn you want to work with, how much you have and even search for Blythe and see what you find.
- Wanting to edit some photos? Maybe correct the colour a bit or just blend two together? GIMP is a free photo program and there are a ton of tutorials out there for you!
- Start writing! Write a blog (BlytheLife.com has a guide to get you started!), and you can start one for free on Blogger or WordPress. And when you’ve set up your Blythe-related blog, be sure to let me know so we can exchange links!
And this my last blog entry for 2011! I hope you all had a lovely year! See you all in 2012!
** Special Reader Deal ** If you saw my blog entry last Friday about advertising here on BlytheLife.com… If you apply for January 2012 advertising (and already have an appropriate advert image), you can tack on the month of February (so you get both January and February!) for $15 (large size) or $7.50 (small size) if you mention seeing this deal in the comments section.
If you know of a site, group or activity that you think I should highlight in next month’s Freebie Friday Five, let me know! Comment below or email me.