Filed under: Musings
Lately, I’ve been attempting to organize my dolly things. Clothes, shoes, the dolls themselves. “Attempting” is the key word in that sentence, in case you didn’t catch it. Organization is something that I can struggle with at times. It can be difficult because of the sheer amount of stuff that I own when it comes to my Blythes and all their necessities. I find myself overwhelmed at times, and then when I’m digging through the drawer I sometimes find things that I didn’t realize that I owned. How unfortunate is that? But at the same time, it lends to the feeling of getting something new without having something new arrive in the mail – which is a pretty awesome feeling!
I have two plastic drawer sets and each drawer holds something different – hats/hair accessories, dresses, shirts/tops, pants/skirts/bottoms, stock clothes and the miscellany (Re-ment, other miniatures, doll-sized purses/bags, curlers for the Kenners, etc.) . So while I’m mostly organized when it comes to what goes into what drawer, it’s the inside of the drawers that are messy. So I decided to get some plastic bags and organize. If I buy “designer” items, I tend to end up with a few from each designer- or I get sets (e.g. a dress set would consist of a dress and bloomers of some sort). So I started bagging like-items and it allows me to be more organized. I haven’t gotten around to labeling the bags yet, but that will come in time. Maybe. (Unlikely…)
Here were some of my bagged up dolly clothes – sorted by designer/maker and some are multiple sets in a bag, others are sets as they were meant to be (e.g. dress + underskirt + bloomers):
It’s hard to take photos of things in shiny plastic!
This is a relatively inexpensive project. I bought two boxes of zipped sandwich bags that were $1 for 50 bags. The only problem is finding the time to do all this sorting and organizing. I haven’t made a very large dent yet in my organization, but I like what I’ve done so far.