Filed under: Article with tags: freebie friday five
Every month’s last Friday (or just once a month, sometime on a Friday) is part of a feature on BlytheLife.com, Freebie Friday Five. Welcome everyone to the third instalment! I mention 5 things I love every month that’s free to do/read/see.
If you have any suggestions for next month’s Freebie Friday Five, please don’t hesitate to email me! Maybe you have a site you think that I should feature or a pattern that’s free and up on the web? Tell me!
- Join a Flickr group or two! I like joining the groups for the specific dolls that I have. Find yours by searching the Flickr groups for the stock name of your dolls. For instance, if you had a Margaret Meets Ladybug (MML) doll, you’d join this group here!
- I’ve just been loving reading blogs this month! Two Blythe-related blogs that I wanted to showcase this month both belong to two lovely girls from Australia. There’s Bella from The Adventures of Bella and Blythe and Emily from CraftyGirl*. Both girls are fantastically active bloggers, have quite the Blythe collections going and have such cute doll houses! I’m jealous, I don’t have a doll house (yet!).
- Get some inspiration! While it’s great to see photos of dolls in fun new fashions, you can also look to real people photos to see fun new fashion trends that maybe you can recreate in Blythe-scale! One site that I love to go for current fashion trends to see if I want to make something similar for my own dolls is Polyvore.com
- Take advantage of the good weather, if you still have it, and take photos outside! Natural lighting is the best when it comes to photography and I don’t know of anyone ever charging for use of sunshine. Get some photos of your dolls in public parks or gardens and other public accessible areas. Be adventurous!
- Do a closet-clean out – for you! Have clothes with stains, rips, tears? If you can’t donate it, swap it or sell it, why not make something with it? Make something for your dolls (there’s lots of free patterns out there!) with your newly ‘found’ fabric. (Bonus: you make room in your closet for more things…?)
If you know of a site, group or activity that you think I should highlight in next month’s Freebie Friday Five, let me know! Comment below or email me.