Filed under: Article with tags: blythe on a budget, diy
You will need:
- Yarn – worsted weight or thinner (sock yarn would look awesome too!)
- Knitting needles – size indicated on the ball band for your yarn
- Elastic – mine is 3mm wide and 6.5cm long
- Needle and thread (in a matching colour, if possible)
- Yarn needle/tapestry needle
- Cast on 6 stitches
- Knit across the 6 stitches and then slide them to the other end of the needle
- Knit across the 6 stitches again and then slide them to the other end of the needle
- Repeat the last two steps until you have an i-cord that is approximately 20cm in length
- Bind off 6 stitches
- Sew the elastic to both ends of the i-cord (you can tuck the elastic in or sew it to the outside of your knitted cord)
- With the yarn needle, tuck the ends in
- Put the headband onto your doll
Change it up:
- Add buttons, badges/pins or flowers to the headband!
- Change the colour yarn you use to make it striped!
- Knit 2 i-cords and twist them together!