Filed under: Article with tags: friday five
Every month’s last Friday (almost every month…) is part of a feature on BlytheLife.com,
Friday Five. Welcome everyone to this month’s instalment! I mention 5 things I love every month..
If you have any suggestions for next month’s Friday Five, please don’t hesitate to email me! Maybe you have a site you think that I should feature or a pattern that’s free and up on the web? Tell me!
For the month of September, I found 5 fun doll-related blogs to share! There’s a huge doll world outside of Blythe (it’s true!), and it’s nice to take a look at what other dollies there are out in the world.
- Doll Observer is a blog who’s look reminds me of a fashion magazine. It highlights a lot of new happenings in the fashion doll world, one that doesn’t seem to include Blythe. However, for fans of Barbie and Tonner, there’s plenty of visual goodies for you.
- BJDs for Beginners is a fun blog. I found it when I first got my BJD (nearly a year ago now, I think!) and it’s a great read. There’s a lot of information about BJDs, more than enough to get you inspired about the resin dollies.
- Confessions of a Doll Collectors Daughter is a great blog for those who like looking at photos of dolls. There’s photos of Lalaloopsy, Monster High, special edition Barbies and so much more. The little kid in me loves the amount of photos featured in the blog posts.
- The Fashion Doll Review makes me smile. It’s a collaborative ‘ezine’ (blog) and has a lot of information about new releases, particularly of non-Blythe dolls. I like it primarily for the photos.
- My Plastic Fantasy has been featured before, but I love it! The writer is also a Blythe collector, but she does showcase photos of many other types of dolls and toys including bjds, Stormtroopers (yes, you read that right!), vinyl figures and more!
If you know of a site, group or activity that you think I should highlight in next month’s Friday Five, let me know! Comment below or email me.