Filed under: Article with tags: blythe on a budget
The challenge? Shop for all things holiday at the dollar store with $10 (plus tax). I needed to get everything that was necessary to create a holiday scene for my dolls. It’s totally doable… Right? Right? If not, I’ll be eating crow for Christmas and I don’t think that’ll taste particularly good! So here goes…
I set out to my local (and favourite) dollar store. The staff there is super friendly and they’ve had Christmas themed everything in stock since around Halloween. Yes. Christmas in October. Stores just keep going earlier and earlier with their red and green and ho-ho-ho all over. But, I digress. I was on a mission! Even if Christmas music was playing over and over again and it was driving me insane – I had a challenge to complete.
- 3 sheets of felt (white, red and green) – you had already seen some of it earlier this week with the Felt Stocking pattern -$1 for 3
- 1 package of silver jingle bells in two sizes – $1
- 1 package of silver-lined plastic beads – $1
- 1 spool of 30 gauge silver-tone wire – $1
- 1 package of 4 bath puffs – $1
- 1 teeny tiny Christmas tree – $1
- 2 festive mini-hats (meant to clip onto your hair) – $4
Things that I already own are exempt from the challenge – like glue and thread, but I will point them out when I successfully complete the challenge to do the ultimate holiday scene on a budget.
It will be a weekend of crafting for me as I figure out just what I will be doing with all of this stuff. What do I have planned for those bath puffs? Guess you’ll just have to wait and see! But it will be a festive scene, it will be a very festive scene indeed! If you want to find out what I’m doing with the beads and the wire, you’ll have to check in next Wednesday for Day 3 of Giving!
I will be sharing my very festive dolly holiday scene next Friday, so be sure to check back to see I do to make the holidays happen for my Blythes.