Filed under: News with tags: birthday
On July 1st 2010, I started a blog. This blog, coincidentally, began as a little space on the web where I ramble on about dolls. I wanted to open up a space on the internet that was for Blythe hobbyists, but I wasn’t able to go and start a forum. I wanted to do interviews, tutorials, giveaways. And I started off with an interview with Rob & Sioux.
Since then, I have done over 35 interviews – fantastic customizers and crafters alike. It’s been a fantastic ride, and it is only going to go up from here. My doll family has grown as the blog has grown, and it’s been a lot of fun! I’ve greatly enjoyed what I have been able to create here, with the help of the wonderful readership that I have. I enjoy the reading the comments, emails and suggestions that I get from all of you.
A Year in Review
- I started a new series: Love, Sophie – featuring the wise words of Sophie
- I got a Middie, which resulted in posts about Middies
- I wrote a mini-series for those new to the community (starting with Blythe 101)
- After careful consideration, I discontinued regular Friday Five posts for bigger and better things
Top 10 Most Read Posts
(not including interviews/giveaways)
- Questionable Blythes on the Market
- DIY Knit Empire Dress (Blythe On A Budget)
- Spotlight On: Blythe Confessions
- To Flickr, or Not to Flickr
- Mind the crack; 1972 Kenner Blythe fixed!
- Crochet Petite Toque and Scarf (Free Pattern)
- The Cause of Doll Melt
- Protecting Yourself Online
- DIY Knit Headband (Blythe On A Budget)
- Economical Sewing Tips (Blythe On A Budget)
BlytheLife by the Numbers
- 517 posts (including this one!)
- 36 interviews
- 2371 comments
- 221,732 hits in June 2013
Thank you so much to everyone for all the support that I’ve gotten! I’ve started working on new content, and I’m really excited to share everything with you very soon!
If you know anyone that you think would be interested in getting interviewed for BlytheLife.com, please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or refer them to the How to Get Featured page! I’m always looking forward to doing more interviews and showcasing more talent in this great dolly community!